Wednesday, April 2, 2014



No one ever said I'd get rich by writing. They never even said that I would be successful.  I write because it is what I am. When I am not writing I am dreaming and preparing to write.  When a short story is finished, I email it to friends, sometimes family and once in a while I'll hear it was good. I liked it.

That's it?  It was good? I liked it?

No one reads all the drafts, the half started ideas, the rejection letters except you.  They mention your passion as a hobby or ask how's your "lil" writing thang going?

But you write.  Sometimes they think they are helping you by suggesting that maybe you take a class, or maybe the character would be better received if he was younger.

And you write.  Why? It's what you do.  It is what I am.

Remember what you are.  A saxophonist is gonna play a lot of off notes, and play a lot of shit that people are not gonna to want to hear but if he does not play he will never be a master.

So do your thing.

BE Prayerful! BE Mindful! BE Careful!

Jaycee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)