Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
It's only been 100 days but I really admire Bam Bam. Opps! President Bam Bam!
Well, doesn't his Harvard Law degree impress you? Doesn't it impress you that he comes froma single parent home, that he is Bi-Racial, and doesn't let bigotry blind him?
Yeah, those things are cool. I guess.
You guess, Mista Jaycee?
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Sure, The Cola People's may once again send thier Killer Robot but so be it! I ain't going back!
Yesterday, My Wife, my friend, and I went to the Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix. Mista Jaycee received Tickets from a real nice Fella who blessed me with two premium tickets. We walked the grounds, entering the Long Beach Convention center and checked out the Automobile exhibits. Now, just so y'all know....I love certain types of cars. The 64 Impala, the Super Sport, The 85 Olds Cutlass, the 83 Buick Regal, the 68 Camaro, the 64/65/70 Mustang! The Cadillac Northstar STS! The 78 Mazda RX-7 the 76 Stingray Ohhhhhh Yeah! But I wouldn't say that I'm a car buff.
1970 Ford MustangMista Jaycee, Aren't all those cars kinda like Gangsta cars?
Well, I'll give you that on the 85 Cutlass and the 83 Regal. Both GM cars by the way! And the 54 Bel Air but so what! Ohhhhh they're soooo pretty!
The 54 Bel Air is a thing of beauty. Now as I strolled the show exhibits I dug the SMART Car and a few of the new economy cars but I feel like the auto industry is still trying to CON us. Why can't we take the shell of a Regal or a Super Sport and put in an engine that will run on clean fuel and give great gas mileage?
Great gas mileage is defined as 45MPG not 24 or 33 highway or any of that nonsense! How about 45 to start? All the cars I saw with the exception of a few race cars were these super compacts. Now, the 1980 Honda Civic was small and egg shaped but it was a great running car.
I believe that we can build a great looking, good size car that runs on clean fuel. (Peanut Oil) Electricity and Biodiesil. This is America!
BE Careful! BE Mindful! BE Prayerful!
Friday, April 17, 2009
You walked across the room
Faint scent of perfume
I smile, happy to be, if not standing, next to you, at least near you.
Every waking moment is a game of pretend
Let’s pretend that my blood pressure doesn’t
Rise that I don’t even notice your eyes
That your scents so rancid it makes me cry
That I don’t live for this moment everyday
My feelings are all platonic
That when I finally scoop you up and kiss you from head to toe
It’s actually quite ironic
Thursday, April 16, 2009
DO NOT PLAY THIS AT WORK! WARNING! DO NOT PLAY THIS AT WORK!
This is HILARIOUS! CHECK our boy from the WIRE!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
The U over at http://underovr.blogspot.com/ thought enough of me to award me the Noblesse Oblige award. I am humbled and honored. I thank you.
Below is the criteria for receiving this award.
1. The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
2. The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.
3. There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.
4. The Blog is refreshing and creative.
5. The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.
The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:
Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award. (done)
The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post. (done)
Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older post to support. (see below)
The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions. (done)
The Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog. (done)
Well what has A Choice of Weapons achieved so far? Try to write something interesting to read everyday. I haven't managed to make it everyday but every two days.
Below are some of the links to past posts I believe have been worthy of your attention.
1. Real Initiation (Published May 29, 2008)
2. House formally issues Slavery Apology (Published July 31, 2008)
3. Box Marked Other (Published June 29, 2008)
4. Kongo Square Chat (Published July 9th, 2008) The very first one
5. Kongo Square Chat (Published September 5, 2008) The 2nd one
6. Kongo Square Chat (Published October 3, 2008) Odie Hawkins Part 1 and Part 2 October 26th, 2008)
I've been able to write articles about Police Brutality and Police involvement in the Community. Read the comments sections on those posts and see the diverse thought and argument among the readers. I've been able to publish some poetry, write about my distaste for both smooove jazz and Clowns to my hearts delight. I've more importantly been able to reach out to so many other writers out there and hear thier points of view. This has been priceless!
Again, Please read the older posts in between the new and enjoy comment and engage! All that being said, I would like to pass this award on to five of the many great blogs I am privledged to read.
1. Curvy Stef over at http://curvaceouscuban.blogspot.com/ I've read Stef and watched her blog grow by leaps and bounds. The blog has grown in readership and Steffie shows all of the good stuff daily. When I first came across it, it just seemed like a personal place for a Sad Girl to rant but now Stef has allowed so much light in. I can feel the happiness, the sadness, the fragility of her life and the lives of others she describes. She is truly gifted.
2. Prof. Tracy over at http://auntjemimasrevenge.blogspot.com/ Tracy in cahoots with the late Che AKA Lil Monsta posts at least 3 posts a day everyday! It's always concise and laser sharp!
3. RIPPa over at http://rippdemup.blogspot.com/ the Intersection between Madness and Reality is a master and I mean a Master at Satire. Rapier Wit to spare is what this Brother has got! It's a hellava ride though cause the Brotha can and does write some ish that will make you say I can't believe he wrote that! Hell, I don't even dare think it! And I love it!
4. Ms. Banana Puddin at http://msfbpuddin.blogspot.com/ her spot is hilarious! She drinks too much, she's wild as hell and I laugh out loud every other day when she's sober enough to type.
5. Last but certainly not least. Fungke Blak Chik over at http://www.fungkeblakchik.com/. Stellar Writing, Great Pics! Fun Stuff! So great is this blog that some chick actually is trying to sue her for being this good. Some ole Your name sounds like my name kinda stuff but guess what you don't write like I write so there!
Now there's a whole link Section for y'all to check out cause I enjoy so many.
BE Prayerful! BE Mindful! BE Careful!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
6. Your lamb or kid must be without blemish. A yearling male. You must keep it safe until the 14th day of the month. In the assembly of Israel, You will slaughter the victim between dusk and dark. They must take some of the blood and smear it on the two door posts and the lintel of every house in which they eat the lamb. On that night they shall eat the flesh roasted on the fire, they shall eat it with unleavened cakes and bitter herbs.
11. You must eat it in urgent haste, It is the Lord's (IAM) Passover. On that night I shall pass through the land of Kemet (Egypt) and kill every first born of man and beast. Thus will I execute the judgement, I the Lord, against all the gods of Kemet. (Egypt) And as for you, the blood will be a sign on the houses in which you are: When I see the blood I will pass over you; The mortal blow shall not touch you, when I strike the land of Kemet. (Egypt)
14. You shall keep this day as a day of Remembrance, you shall make it a pilgrim feast and keep it from generation to generation for all time. The Book of Exodus Chapter 12 The New English Bible humbly paraphrase.
Take time to read the chapter, meditate and then pray on the reading of the words. Asking for understanding.
It is with this that PASSOVER begins. A terrible act resulting in the liberation of an Oppressed Beloved of God. (IAM) One must remember that while the Liberation was for One and All Equally given by the God (IAM) Man, still had to do his part. He was expected to have Faith in the Word of God (IAM) as it came through his servants, then act by performing the Ritual. The work or Ritual acted as a sign of Obedience and Submission under God. (IAM)
To my families, regardless of Religion or Faith, or lack there of, Be Blessed! Happy Passover!
BE Mindful! BE Prayerful! BE Careful!
MVP Center Tina Charles proving she's the best Center in the Country today!
In local news The California State University Long Beach 49ers made moves in the off season that will most definitely shake up the Big West Conference hiring Judy Wynn to replace Mary Hagarty as Head Coach of the Lady 49ers. Here's hoping for a great season! Congrats and Welcome to the International City, Long Beach!
New 49er Coach Judy Wynn pictured with AD Vic Cegle
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
God Mama of Cuba Hip Hop/Poet Activist Nehanda Abiodun
I hope to be proven wrong. Obama, a Black Man was elected to the Presidency! Something that I never thought I would be privy to see in my lifetime so anything is possible. Praise God! (IAM)
Yet, what about Assata? What about Nehanda Abiodun, an Acupuncturist, political activist and Black Liberation Army member? What about her? She too resides in exile. She too is accused of crimes? Armored car vehicle robberies and aiding in the escape of Assata Shukur.
Will Americans allow them to be dragged back to America when their Cuban benefactors show themselves to be the capitalists they truly want to be? What about Justice? What about Fairness? These folks have received neither.
It would seem that we, including all too many political activists, who in their youth stood alongside of these people have forgotten or simply decided that the war is lost and they might as well have sold out. Some probably have. They forgot their friends behind the walls and across the ocean. The wrote and sold books and tshirts talking about the sixties as if what had occurred was over and done.
Baltimore Black Panther Party Leader Marshall "Eddie" Conway
What about Eddie? What about Nehanda and Mutulu? What about Mumia?Maybe you feel that they are just bank robbers and cop killers and don't deserve anymore than a jail cell or worse. But Americans are supposed to care about Justice and Fairness. It's supposed to be in our DNA. Will you sleep knowing that you didn't do everything to make sure that Justice and Fairness was achieved? Don't allow yourself to sleep any longer not knowing for sure if these folks are truly innocent or guilty! Don't go any further if they just happened to support politics you don't like. This is not politics! JUSTICE NEVER IS!
Will You? Think on that?
BE Careful! BE Mindful! BE Prayerful!
Saturday, April 4, 2009
"Do not fear, for I am with you." Genesis 26:24
After the Philistines ceased to quarrel with Isaac over the water supplies, Yahveh spoke to him, saying: "I will bless you and make your children many for the sake of My servant, Abraham."
On three separate occasions in the book of Genesis Yahveh said - 'do not fear'. The first time was to Abraham, after his successful rescue of Lot in the war against the four kings: "Do not fear Abram, I will shield you; your reward will be very great." Genesis 15:1
Yahveh did not speak these words to Abraham when he was told, "Go to the land, which I shall show you." Genesis 12:1 Nor to Isaac when he was a stranger in the land of Abimelech. Nor to Jacob, when he fled to Laban, or was about to face Esau and his four hundred men on his return. On the contrary, "Do not fear" came at times of success, not of imminent disaster. Why?
Personal success can be as stressful as personal failure, as the following illustrates:
A family in Jerusalem lived for nearly a decade in a crowded and not very comfortable apartment. At the end of that period, they managed to put enough money together to purchase a place in a prestigious neighborhood. The parents would have more workspace and the children, rooms of their own, with air conditioning. Perfect! The wife was so happy that she declared that she would stay there even if she won the lottery - she'd pay off the mortgage and stay put. But there was more stress than joy as move-in day drew nearer.
Successes bring challenges and fears of its own, especially as it opens a new chapter of experiences. And it can be all the lonelier, as people who have not been in that situation do not understand. But Yahveh did understand and He showed it with those words to the Patriarchs - 'Do not fear'.
Friday, April 3, 2009
The baked beans I had consumed were still affecting me and the pressure was becoming most unbearable, so while my husband was out of the room I seized the opportunity, shifted my weight to one leg and let one go.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Well, I heard this years ago that so goes GM so goes the country. Well, GM is in the toilet and sooo the country. The time has come for some real talk.
All these Politricknicians who still want to use all these dead ideas, still want to push these old agendas, still want to play all these old games need to go. They need to GO!
Barack Hussain Obama, BAM BAM to y'all long time readers, has won the Presidency on a platform of CHANGE and the Democrats had better realize that means THEM too. The REPUBs had better realize that hey YOU LOST and THERE's A goood G/Damn bunch of reasons you LOST.
Dead ideas, and even worse, you practiced them for Eight full years and we can see where it got us. Real Talk!
President Bam Bam has reached out to you but you won't work with him unless he uses your DEAD IDEAS and PRACTICES. YOUR PARTY DID NOT WIN THE ELECTION! YOUR CANDIDATE DID NOT WIN THE ELECTION! PRESIDENT BAM BAM DOES NOT HAVE TO ASK FOR YOUR HELP!
He can do just like BUSH did and steamroll right over you, your people and the country but he's trying to do what's best for the country. THE WHOLE COUNTRY even the parts that say he's a SOCIALIST, an ELITIST, An EFFIN MONKEY! THE Ones that call his WIFE and KIDS TRASH or STROKLEY CARMICHAEL in a SKIRT! Them that say he's a MUSLIM when he's a CHRISTIAN, says he's NOT AN AMERICAN, when he's born RIGHT HERE!
The Country's ship is sinking and guess what you're in the Boat too. So get off your bums and come up with some new ideas instead of the old, outdated bad ones cause damn it if We sink! YOU SINK!
What's your point Mista Jaycee? Is this just a rant?
No, it's not just a rant! We've got to make some hard choices. We must cut back on some things and revamp how we gonna do things but most of all we can not LOSE HOPE!
We must be forever vigilant and hold on to HOPE!
BE Careful! BE Mindful! BE Prayerful!