Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Good Times, Sugar Shack Artist Ernie Barnes Passes On!

Visual Artist Ernie Barnes has passed on after a short illness. Anyone who watches Good Times or owns a copy of Marvin Gaye's I Want You! has seen Barnes work. I won't waste time with obituaries cause when you leave such a body of work what else needs to be said. Dig?

LA/San Diego Chargers Fullback and Dynamic Visual Artist Ernie Barnes
The Maestro!


The Dunk!

The Advocate!

Sleep Well, We will Miss you! Jaycee


Miss.Stefanie said...

These are beautiful

Rita said...

Those pictures are beautiful...I really like the sringboard and the advocate...

CareyCarey said...

Thanks man, I saved all the pictures!

I actually have "Night Life At The Studio" hanging in my front room. RiPPa said your spot was one to keep an eye on and I am glad he pulled my coat on you.

I must admit that I didn't know much about the artist or the man. I didn't even know his name was on my picture until I read your post!

I think you may have inspired a post.

Mista Jaycee said...

Hey Stef!
Hi Rita and Carey! Welcome! I love Ernie's elongated limbs and the movement, You can see the movement!

Cherise said...

I've never heard of him however his art is amazing. Thanks to you I will be checking out more of his work.

Also, thanks for checking out my page.

Ms Barbara said...

I never knew Ernie Barnes personally but i have been a fan of the TV sitcom Good Times. I have always admired Ernie Barnes artwork throughout the shows 6 year run. His paintings were so expressive & had so much meaning, we surely have lost a uniquely talented artist & human being in Ernie Barnes.