Friday, April 10, 2009

ACOW awarded the Noblesse Oblige!

The U over at http://underovr.blogspot.com/ thought enough of me to award me the Noblesse Oblige award. I am humbled and honored. I thank you.

Below is the criteria for receiving this award.

1. The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.


2. The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.


3. There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.

4. The Blog is refreshing and creative.

5. The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.





THE RULES!



The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:


Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award. (done)

The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post. (done)

Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older post to support. (see below)

The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions. (done)

The Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog. (done)

Well what has A Choice of Weapons achieved so far? Try to write something interesting to read everyday. I haven't managed to make it everyday but every two days.

Below are some of the links to past posts I believe have been worthy of your attention.

1. Real Initiation (Published May 29, 2008)
2. House formally issues Slavery Apology (Published July 31, 2008)
3. Box Marked Other (Published June 29, 2008)
4. Kongo Square Chat (Published July 9th, 2008) The very first one
5. Kongo Square Chat (Published September 5, 2008) The 2nd one
6. Kongo Square Chat (Published October 3, 2008) Odie Hawkins Part 1 and Part 2 October 26th, 2008)

I've been able to write articles about Police Brutality and Police involvement in the Community. Read the comments sections on those posts and see the diverse thought and argument among the readers. I've been able to publish some poetry, write about my distaste for both smooove jazz and Clowns to my hearts delight. I've more importantly been able to reach out to so many other writers out there and hear thier points of view. This has been priceless!
Again, Please read the older posts in between the new and enjoy comment and engage! All that being said, I would like to pass this award on to five of the many great blogs I am privledged to read.

1. Curvy Stef over at http://curvaceouscuban.blogspot.com/ I've read Stef and watched her blog grow by leaps and bounds. The blog has grown in readership and Steffie shows all of the good stuff daily. When I first came across it, it just seemed like a personal place for a Sad Girl to rant but now Stef has allowed so much light in. I can feel the happiness, the sadness, the fragility of her life and the lives of others she describes. She is truly gifted.

2. Prof. Tracy over at http://auntjemimasrevenge.blogspot.com/ Tracy in cahoots with the late Che AKA Lil Monsta posts at least 3 posts a day everyday! It's always concise and laser sharp!

3. RIPPa over at http://rippdemup.blogspot.com/ the Intersection between Madness and Reality is a master and I mean a Master at Satire. Rapier Wit to spare is what this Brother has got! It's a hellava ride though cause the Brotha can and does write some ish that will make you say I can't believe he wrote that! Hell, I don't even dare think it! And I love it!

4. Ms. Banana Puddin at http://msfbpuddin.blogspot.com/ her spot is hilarious! She drinks too much, she's wild as hell and I laugh out loud every other day when she's sober enough to type.

5. Last but certainly not least. Fungke Blak Chik over at http://www.fungkeblakchik.com/. Stellar Writing, Great Pics! Fun Stuff! So great is this blog that some chick actually is trying to sue her for being this good. Some ole Your name sounds like my name kinda stuff but guess what you don't write like I write so there!

Now there's a whole link Section for y'all to check out cause I enjoy so many.
BE Prayerful! BE Mindful! BE Careful!
Jaycee

9 comments:

underOvr (aka The U) said...

Just wanted to say, "Thanks Jaycee" for writing posts that give me insight and (at times a slice of humor. I enjoy reading your fresh and candid perspective that may often get overlooked.

Although our style of content differs, it is that difference that I welcome and appreciate.

I will be visiting the bloggers you've listed here.

U

Miss.Stefanie said...

Thank you Jaycee! I posted!You are goooooooood to me!

RiPPa said...

Man I wish you would stop putting me out there like this. Next thing you know people are gonna expect me to give money to the United Negro College Fund or some shit like that.

Damn!

P.S. Ms. Puddin is fine as hell!

achoiceofweapons said...

RIPPa,
U mean you don't give to the United Negro College Fund? What about the random ones?
Jaycee

MsKayotic said...

Good Job. I like that in you.

Jillian said...

what a thoughtful/thought provoking award...you definitely deserve it...

Anonymous said...

Umph....But congratulations to you Jaycee and all the other blogs you've displayed here :)

Go.

ChocolateOrchid said...

Congratulations!!

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hey there!

Congratulations on your award!!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa