Monday, November 15, 2010

For Brothers who have considered Homocide when the BS Got too Much!

Sistahs are doin it for themselves/Sistahs are writing their stories/Filming their movies/having conversations about ...Brothas! Ya guess that huh? Sistahs are talking about Brothas! How we can't fuck!/How we can't bring home the bacon/leave them high and dry with babies/String them along with promises of marriage and happily ever after scented maybe's Sistahs are angry! Sistahs are ANGRY! Sistahs are ANGRY AT WHAT BROTHA'S they say Brothas are puttin them through... 

Well Sistah, guess what! While you was ANGRY at ME! Guess What?  I was ANGRY WITH YOU! 
Brotha Sings the Blues Written by Mista Jaycee the Poet 1997


Yesterday, I visited one of my favorite blogs "Black Conscious Thought" written by Von.  Von, can best be described as Dr. Angela Davis, channeling Eldridge Cleaver but filtered sometimes through Terry Mcmillian and Alice Walker.  She re-touched on a post that she'd written earlier but that stirred up alot of controversy.

Here's the link:  http://blackconsciousthought.blogspot.com/2010/11/for-my-critics-if-you-have-better.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Blackconsciousthought+%28Von%27s+Black+Consciousness%29


Basically, she broke down the statistics of Black Male/Female relationships in real numbers.  Now at first I read it like I would any academic work but about midway through Von hit up a series of hot words that succeeded in pushing me over to the dark side.  Now, read the article for yourself. Read it! Von stated that Sistahs were on their own. They could not count on anyone least of all Black Men.  The heaviest straw was her quote that "So called Good Black Men could not be trusted either, after all where were they when Black Men were beating Sistahs into submission? " Good Black Men! Fuck them! Sisters were on their own.

I quoted her stats and responded in kind "Fuck You!" Yeah, I went there! I went to the dark side. Why?
The Color Purple, Waiting to exhale, Diary of a Mad Black Woman and For  Colored Girls not to mention every Keshia Cole, Fantasia, Mary J, Sunshine Anderson cut that ever got played.  I'm am sick and tired of hearing how the Sisters is mad at Brothers and seeing it reflected in the mass media.

Sorry Sistahs, not to discount your anger but let's face it. There was a Brother or several Brothers that warned you against taking up with certain other Brothers.  It's true ain't it?!! And you dated him anyway, you fucked him and in the aftermath you moved on to the next Brother until now you are embittered and angry.

Why didn't you listen to those "Good Black Men" then?  Was it cause you had a few of them in the friend zone and felt that "They" just wanted to poison your mind against the "Bad Bro"?  Come on BE honest.
Maybe it was because the "Bad Bro" had money, a nice car, had mad game, or was just devilishly handsome.  And yeah, you fucked him and it was good til you found out what the "Good Bros" had been telling you like maybe "Bad Bro" ain't faithful and ain't gon be faithful.  You not the only one, you ain't even number one among all the other ones.  Am I hitting a nerve?

"We don't date the Bad Boy cause we want the "Bad Boy" or to hurt you we date the "Bad Boy cause it's the Mother in us trying to save em."  Spiffy the Poetess

I've been that good Black Man.  I've gotten into shit behind a Sistah.  I've been in the friend zone while some undeserving letch of a Brother constantly managed to worm they way back into your bed.  You took his seed inside you and bore his fruits and now you mad cause you gardening alone.  Wasn't he the Alpha Male of the pack? The Strongest, the Tallest, The finest? YOU chose him Sistah! That was your fault and on behalf of all the Brothers would caught a case behind defending you or got beat down for your sakes I say Enuff!

Now, we got movie after movie of all these broken, bitter sistahs and these cardboard cut outs of weak men! No more! There are too many God (IAM) fearing men we constantly pick up the pieces of broken, bitter sisters that Don't see them and constantly look right passed them. 

Brothers and Sisters need to talk to one another in a very real way.  Let me start by saying that some Sistahs priorities are wrong and need to be changed.  You pick these men. You raised these Men.  Hint: What you say to your Sisters about His Daddy and to him is heard and overheard.  You created these Monsters Sisters! How many of you turned away the Father from interacting with the child and how many more Good Men who were not biological Fathers did you turn away? 

Well, enough ranting! Let's talk!

BE Prayerful! BE Mindful! BE Careful!

Jaycee

4 comments:

ChocolateOrchid said...

Oh, Mista Jaycee... as a black woman, I lament with the good men out in the world. I couldn't get that far into the link that you posted from Von's blog b/c I am so sick and damn tired of hearing this victim shit. I'm tired of the media portraying black women (and healthy black relationships) as being non-existent or simply effed-up. I'm tired of the black women who believe this bullshit.


And for these reasons, I have absolutely no desire to go see, TP's "For Colored Girls". I'm so over this. There comes a point in time when you have to stop being the victim, put your big girl (or big boy) panties on and take responsibility for whatever role you've chosen to walk in in your life. And then to walk a different & better path.

Talk about a topic that pisses you off. Well, as a black woman, it pisses me off, too. I want my black sistah's (who are in the victim state of mind) to free themselves from this mental bondage so that they can truly live.

Everything is NOT a black man's fault. It really just might be you and the choices you've made in and with your life.

Just sayin'.

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

Finally a post on defending the black male.
I too am so sick and tired of the black male bashing,granted there are many slacker's among our ranks,but I can't count the number of times I heard women scream how fine a man was and that was all the criteria needed to bed down with him.

Von said...

Next time try reading the WHOLE blog because not only did you MISquote me here, but you seem to have selectively read the blog period.

Directly from the blog you got hypersenstive about....

"I got nothing but love for the REAL "good" black men who are handling their business (that includes actually being faithful, loving ONE woman, and making her your wife)."

My issue is with the SELF-proclaimed "good" black men who turn out to be snakes...not those good black men actually doing the right thing.

I'm not going to apologize for speaking my mind. If you can't take the heat STAY OUT OF MY KITCHEN!

I have shown YOU nothing but respect. Try to remember to do the same.

@ChocolateOrchid, try actually reading the blog because commenting on something you have yet to read makes you look foolish. If you read and comprehend you will in fact see I'm telling black women to leave "victimhood" behind and take control of their lives.

Peace!

achoiceofweapons said...

@Von, I got angry and I said what I felt. Now, I read your post and what it was about. You are more than candid. I read your blog cause I enjoy what you have to say but you go with no filter so be it. Expect no filter.

Now, I did not misquote, I placed the link to your post and encouraged others to read it not just take my opinion on it. Keep writing and I'll do the same!