Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Did you See Harry Potter Yet?

Well, I hope that everyone is having a great Tuesday! Mrs. Jaycee and I went out and checked out Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I liked the film but it left out alot of things from the book. Now, before you say but alot of movies do that Mista Jaycee! Wait!

I know and accept that alot of films do that! They do it for artistic license or cause the film will be too long! I dig?

So before I don my fan boy gear and criticize what I feel is wrong let me tell you what's right about the film. 1. I dug the cute waitress with the "fro" at the beginning. I liked that it didn't go out of it's way to point out race.

2. I liked that facts that all the Harry Potter Movies are diverse. Admit it! There's alot of different types of folks in the Potter Films and even more so in British Cinema. I am a fan of the 10th Doctor Who and Torchwood and find that I can see more Black folks there than on my own American screen. These actors have great parts too! They are not just window dressing. This is not to say that the Brits don't have issues.

3. The Colors and visuals are always great! If you've only seen the Potter films at home. Ohhhhh! I feel for you! Luckily, there are theatres that show midnight showings of the other films. Check the local listings!

4. Hermione grew up and got kinda Hot!

5. Ron is finally coming into his own!

Now what I found wrong.! Here it is!

1. Harry and Prof. Dumbledore should and could have left the cute waitress with the fro a nice note! You know magic!

2. Ginny and Harry should have kissed more and we should have seen more of their growing relationship. Harry and Ginny's relationship takes a hard turn at the end in the book!

3. Snape! There is so many things in the book about Snape and he was almost entirely glossed over like an afterthought!

4. The Battle of Hogwarts! This was a very important scene and it was left out entirely.

5. Bill and Fluer's Wedding! Again, The battle of Hogwarts! It's sucks that they didn't mentioned it at all!

6. Dumbledores Army! Neville and the gang grow to be fierce fighters against the Dark Lord!

It's still worth the money! Go see it! I really like the scene with the waitress cause Harry gets to be a Young kid. She's young and flirty and doesn't know or care that's he's magic! Harry flirts back saying while reading his copy of the daily prophet, Harry Potter's a Tosser! She smiles, cause she wants to know this Harry Potter! Cool!

Go See it!

BE Careful! BE Mindful! BE Prayerful!
Jaycee




6 comments:

CoogieCruz said...

Haven't seen one Harry Potter movie and I refused to read any of the books until my freshman yr in college when it was required in my Children's Lit class. Not a fan of cult fiction.

chayomao said...

U already saw it??
Okay will try to fit it into my schedule!

Miss.Stefanie said...

Im not a Harry Potter fan :(
Never could get into it.

achoiceofweapons said...

Coogie,
I think you should read them. They are not Childrens lit. In fact speaking of that, there is some great Childrens lit out there. Juma and the Jinn Jar is one. The Diary of a Wimpy Kid is a great series that does not insult anyone's intelligence. Now, just to be fair How can we read Zane or a Hustlah's Wife and call Harry Potter Child's Lit! Cheap Shot I know. Sorry Zane! Get your hustle on!
Jaycee

Unknown said...

don't watch those movies
okay i confess i watched two of em bcos my brother watches harry potter
more into romance movies sha!

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Coogie Cruz took the words right out of my mouth...

Like her, not only have I never seen any of the movies but I never read any of the books either and can't say I'm interested in starting.

Not much of a Harry Potter fan but my daughter [on the other hand] digs it!!!! :-)