Monday, September 5, 2011

Spiritual Food For Thought!

Faith  /feɪθ/ Show Spelled[feyth] Show IPA


noun

1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.


2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.


3. belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.


4. belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.: to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty.


5. a system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith.
 
I met with an old running buddy yesterday who I had not seen in years. She looked good and attributed her newly toned physique to exercise and diet.  She shared her Christian Faith with me, which was a change because last we met she was a Taoist.  Also,during our catch up session, she asked me had I seen the "Obama Deception" video she'd shared on my Facebook page. She posted this video because she loves to tweek folks who she believed dig President Obama.  I let her know I had seen it.  It did not move me. 

President Obama has been called everything except Mr. President or a Child of God (IAM). I also shared that I didn't trust outright "Anything" White Folks said.  I check out and examine it all because of all the past things that have happened to Black People.  I said this with full knowledge that she is in a commited relationship with a White Dude.  (I don't care, as long as they are happy Cool!) My feelings on Race Relations go far beyond petty matters like Interracial dating.

It was an amazing bit of conversation because I shared with her that I too am a Christian.
I believe in God (IAM) and had accepted Yeshua (Jesus) as my Savior many years ago. Her response to me was "That's surprising! I never thought of you as a Christian in the least." WOW! I let her know I was slightly offended by that statement. But it got to thinking.

I am Christian.   I do not accept all the doctrines or dogmas of the Church.  I believe the Bible has been tampered with.  I believe that the Bible has been used for evil purposes to hurt my People.  I do not take the Bible at face value.  I do not lend my trust to Churches and their dogmas.  Pastor Charles Stanley, Ralph Reed and the Falwell ilk do not represent me or the Faith I believe in.  That said, let's talk about Faith.

What is Faith? The Book of Hebrews Chapter 11 Verse 1 says that Faith is the SUBSTANCE of things HOPED for the EVIDENCE not SEEN.  I believe in Yeshua (Jesus) although I have not literally SEEN him.  I have seen his reflection in the people that I have met though.  I have seen his works in the lives of the People around including my old running buddy.  With that I believe. 

Now, as far as my running buddies assessment of ME as a Christian when last she knew me. I say this.  When we knew each other last, I drank, I smoked, I used foul language, I lusted after Women.  Years later, I mediate, I pray, I do yoga.  I still drink although not often. I still smoke although not often.  I curse. I am a Married Father of one.  I still lust after Women. (sometimes)  What does that make me?  A Man! Imperfect unapologetically Man!

While there has been some growth and some changes I am still the same Man with the same sins. I'm just not ruled by them! I am not a slave to them. I am not condemned because of them.  I am saved because of my Faith! I am more than a conqueror through him that loved me. (Yeshua, Christ Jesus)

I am a Christian because I accept Christ as my Savior. Am I perfect? Nah, just forgiven.  Am I blind or brainwashed because I am a Christian? Nah! God (IAM) has never asked for Blind Faith. He asked me to trust him and he would prove himself to me in his works and in my Life and he's done that over and over again. I read my Bible, I have read the Quran and the Gita as well.  I have tested them to see what's what! I Believe. Can I prove it! No! That's Faith. That allows change. 

Still don't think I'm a Christian? Cool, luckily my membership card is not approved by YOU! (WINK)

BE Prayerful! BE Mindful! BE Careful!
Jaycee

2 comments:

If Curves Could Talk (Stefanie) said...

"Still don't think I'm a Christian? Cool, luckily my membership card is not approved by YOU! (WINK) "

Christian Hospitality said...

I pray, saying, “Thank you, God, for creating the Universe, the Solar System, the Earth, and all the creations so that human beings can live. Thank you for creating human beings upon that foundation and thank you for creating me and for creating the spirit that lives eternally.”
CHRISTIAN HOSPITALITY