Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Mob Rules!







Back in the eighties I was a member of that first MTV generation that watched and listened to all the bands played. I heard Rush and Def Leppard, Krokus and Iron Maiden, sang along to Michael Jackson's masterwork Thiller, got introduced to Carl Jung via the Police's Synchonicity and basically enjoyed what was being played. So in addition to Parliment and Prince and O'bryan I loved Black Sabbath, Led Zeppalin and especially Ozzy!

Well I'm older now and while I listen to Branford Marsalis, Donnie Hathaway and Fred Hammond alot more now than I used to occasionally a lyrical gem will speak to the spirit of the time. I was perusing you tube and found this gem. Black Sabbath featuring Ronnie James Dio on lead vocals. The Mob Rules!

As I watch the latest cultural meltdown and watch the presidential debates. The Lyrics speak for me!

The Mob Rules!

Close the city and tell the people that something's coming to call

Death and darkness are rushing forward to take a bite from the wall, ohYou've nothing to say

They're breaking away

If you listen to fools...The Mob Rules

The Mob Rules!

Kill the spirit and you'll be blinded, the end is always the same

Play with fire, you burn your fingers and lose your hold of the flame,

oh It's over, it's done the end is begun If you listen to fools...

The Mob Rules!

You've nothing to say Oh, They're breaking away If you listen to fools...

Break the circle and stop the movement, the wheel is thrown to the ground

Just remember it might start rolling and take you right back around

You're all fools!

The Mob Rules!

BE Mindful! BE Prayerful! BE Careful!

Jaycee

No comments: