Friday, June 5, 2009

Kung Fu/Kill Bill TV ICON David Carradine Dead!

I spent most of my childhood watching the Brady Bunch, Saturday Kung Fu Theatre and Kung Fu with David Carradine. David Carradine has been part of my life because of those shows. I admit to watching Death Race 2000. Yes! It's a guilty pleasure, like bacon. Sure, it's bad and no good can come from it, in the long run, but Ohhhhhhh Yes! And Circle of Iron, Yes, I watch it even late nights, very late nights when TBS or some other cable channel is starving for programming.

I liked the Kill Bill movies but those were really all about Uma Thurman so it leaves me with Kung Fu. David was found in a Bangkok hotel room. He apparently decided to leave us much too early.

What do you hear Grasshopper? When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, you are ready to leave! When you can walk across the rice paper without tearing it and leave no trace, you will be ready to leave. Master Po to Young Caine. Kung Fu

Peace David. Sleep well until the last day.
BE Mindful! BE Prayerful! BE Careful!
Jaycee

4 comments:

Miss.Stefanie said...

This was so sad...Apparently it was suicide but more of a sexual fetish that got whack...

Reed is a character in her own story said...

Man... My mother (of all people...lol) was really into Kung Fu...so of course I watched it religiously as a kid. It was so serious, she told me once when they were young, she popped her older sister in the back of the head with a rock when she tried to turn it off.

David Carradine will be missed.

achoiceofweapons said...

Yeah, I miss those reruns. Maybe TV One will pick em up. It could happen! 8-)
Jaycee

Curious said...

I was going to say this was a nice post until read this an accident that teenagers usually do. Oh well, I guess that doesn't really change anything. Nice post.