Monday, October 12, 2009

Poetry: End Domestic Violence!



The Slap wasn't kinky or fun like a slap on the buns/Anger permeated the air like ozone

Once/upon time/they locked/doors/tore clothes/off/with teeth/hours/passed from/sunrise/to/sunset/loves musk perfumed sofa pillows/hall carpet burns/Love unbound/

Hour/pon/hour /alone

Gone! Love/Gone!

Replaced with desires of escape/revenge/hatred and fear of being alone with once/loved one

Alone!

Her face swollen/fear pumped through her heart and veins/Her date/eyes glazed/words putrid projectiles/foamed mouth/tongue insane/He slapped/He punched/He kicked/He screamed! He no longer the love of her life/Respect/Manhood and dignity burned and blowing away like menthol scented ashes

Her face pulp/her will shaken /but now unmovable/love gone/love gone/Next day/

phone calls/sweet words/mean nothing/flowers /engagement rings/ tombstones/monuments of dead love/love now wrong/love gone!

Young fiery passion/now smoldering ember ashes/wedding bell/sweat stained sheet/jasmine scented walks in the sunset/now/rainy/obsidian/black funeral masses!

End Domestic Violence!

Womenshelter of Long Beach Battered Womens Hotline


www.womenshelterlb.com

930 Pacific Ave.Long Beach, CA 90813

(562) 437-4663

BE Prayerful! BE Mindful! BE Careful!

Jaycee

11 comments:

Miss.Fortune said...

that was so real!
omg

Mista Jaycee said...

I hope it's not for any of us. But if it is...I'm sorry!

Myne Whitman said...

I totally get this poem and I echo the last. I never could condone DV.

underOvr (aka The U) said...

No matter how it's packaged, violence against another human is just wrong.

U

DaisyDeadhead said...

Great post.

Unbreakable said...

DM violence is wrong in so many ways, yet a lot of ppl have hard time leaving abusive relationship.

Great Poem

Miss.Stefanie said...

Been thru a situation like that- I hope people will be smarter than I and leave immediately. Great post Jaycee

Reggie said...

Excellent post!!!

Domestic violence is an absolute shame!!!

jjbrock said...

Mista Jaycee thanks for that beautiful poem.

♫Hershey's Kiss♫ said...

Awesome Poem. I must give kudos. I do not condone DV. I've been a victim of that myself and I know it isn't fun or right.

Tisha said...

i hate violence
if there is anything i can do to help
please let me know...

eek (my body's contracting...)