Saturday, October 10, 2009

Obama and the Russians: The Snub that Wasn't

I know there are some who may say that this was not a SNUB! But I've watched it and it's a SNUB!

Just a little historical fact...Did you know that during the times when England and Portugal were the main superpowers that the European Heads of States, The Kings did not bow, salute, gift or acknowledge the Afrikan Kings when they would visit?

Fact!

Some traditions are unspoken and unwritten yet they remain.

BE Prayerful! BE Mindful! BE Careful!
Jaycee

10 comments:

Miss.Stefanie said...

Interesting!

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's pretty much all I can say. That was so disrespectful.

clnmike said...

Didnt see it that way, food for thought.

Anonymous said...

Mike, in what way did you see it?

Kate-A said...

Protocol. Kings do not bow to other kings unless they want, as they're on equal footing. Gifts were a way to win concession of some sort, usually business so I would be interested in any links to the old superpowers not acknowledging visiting African kings, who's resources the old powers wanted. (Much like today.)

I believe Obama was introducing each of the American delegation members to Medvedev, and not a snub, unless every member of our delegation snubbed him. :)

Knowledge said...

looks like a snub to me, Obama was clearly holding his hand out for a handshake

Kate-A said...

If a snub, then the question would be why is every member of the US delegation snubbing their own president?

Getty Images

I think this rumor was initiated by the rightwing who want to portray Obama as a buffoon disliked by other world powers, which of course he is not.

Kate-A said...

Not to be a nuisance, but if you trust Snopes , they covered the issue.

achoiceofweapons said...

Good point Kate!
And no you are not being a nusiance! You are engaging me in intelligent discourse! Now if you have cheetos we can be the bestest of friends. Do you have cheetos?
Jaycee

Kate-A said...

Groan... I force myself to pass by the cheetos 99% of the time. But I do have some pork rinds and hot sauce. ;)