Friday, November 13, 2009

Mista Jaycee Running Round Long Beach!

















Dig, I've been running around Long Beach, my current home city, and I've had my camera at the ready so I just wanted to show some of the interesting sites from my perspective.


I've often felt that a cities true beauty lay in the small things like hole in the wall restaurants, street musicians, graffiti art murals and the local churches and temples.


I wish that the City Council agreed cause it seems that there are those who would like to clear away any individual charm by turning the city into a shiny, characterless set of individual enclaves. Just like the neighborhoods in Bradbury's 451.


Happy Friday!


BE Prayerful! BE Careful! BE Mindful!

Jaycee

2 comments:

FreeMan said...

Welp the good thing about the recession is there won't be any more building for a while. I feel the same way when I walk in downtown myself like OK we have enough condos what about a park or something.

Long Beach is a interesting mix of people one day someone creative will open their arms to all the different cultures there and really transform downtown into something unique.

For now enjoy the promenade as they move the bike depot area so they can build a pseudo park. Yes, I'm there quite often you probably walked by me before! LOL

Anonymous said...

looks nice!