Monday, March 30, 2009

Cool Vampire Flick! Nuff Said!

This weekend my Wife rented "Twilight" and they were out of Quantum of Solace so I went looking and anyone who knows me knows that weird and odd things jump right out at me. They sit up for me like puppies. This time I read the box and it said Best Vampire Film ever!
SCORE!
Oh, Hellllll yeahhhhh! Vampire film! I'm there dude!
So I rented "Let the right one in!" Now, just so you know this film is soooo slow but it's worth it.
It's set in 1982 and it's the story of Oskar and Eli (pronounced Ellie) both twelve. Oskar is being bullied at school and Eli just moved next door. Due to her "condition" she can only come out at night so she meets Oskar after school. Now just so you know Oskar is a lil dense. Not stupid but it took him a minute to figure it out. It's Stockholm, Sweden and it's snowing. Eli comes out barefoot in the snow.
"Aren't you cold?"
"I forgot how!"
Now, Eli and Oskar become friends. At first Eli coaches Oskar on how to deal with the bullies. It works. Eli and Oskar have a lil puppy love romance. That's cute but Eli has to keep moving. Bodies get noticed ya know. She promises Oskar that she will always be looking out for him though.
Just so you know Oskar tried a blood brother incident that was well.....dangerous. That's all I'm gonna say. Even though it was slow compared to an American film, the movie score is beautiful. It shot lovely. The actors leave a lil to be desire but Oskar and Eli are gems.
Hint...when the bullies go to far you are not ready for this ish! Trust!
BE Careful! BE Mindful! BE Prayerful!
Jaycee

9 comments:

Jenny Fidelity said...

I SAW THIS MOVIE!

Ahh snap. I started reading the Twilight books a while back. And since Anne Rice I've been a "vampire fan" The Twilight books are actually likeable, cause of the character plot. But this MOVIE by all means soared far past the Twilight movie.

I even researched a little to see if maybe there was a book. No such luck. Good post though. i would deff. watch this again, and again.

ChocolateOrchid said...

Okay. I am a fan of vampire movies and the likes. You have peaked my interest! I will be renting this!

Athena Christine said...

i love vampire movies. i'll have to rent.

Miss.Stefanie said...

Bad enough I have to go through your music playlist now your dvd taste!?!?! I shall check this out!

achoiceofweapons said...

Danny try The Vampire Huntress series by LA Banks.
Jaycee

Anonymous said...

Cool Vampires? I'm still trying to get over the fact that Anne Rice went back to Catholicism!
I think I am the only person who just doesn't get the Twilight fascination.~Mary

U suggested your blog.

Jenny Fidelity said...

Good looks Jaycee.
I'm lookin' them up now.

Anonymous said...

@Danny Love

'Let The Right One In' was a book before it was a film. It's ISBN is 0312355297. Hope that helps

frida said...

yeey , sweden!!! :D i saw that movie some year ago when it came out in the cinemas in sw. i didn't really enjoy it, though - it was not so scary, just creepy... 'cept for this one i love vampires, maybe i just missed some hot male vamp :P