Friday, February 27, 2009

Estimated Prophet (Grateful Dead)

Just so you know Mista Jaycee lovvvvvves the Grateful Dead. They were and are a folk, blues, jazz, rock jam band built totally on improvisation. No two Dead Shows were alike. They went night after night sometimes performing great and sometimes as guest member Branford Marsalis described horrendously. "There were two bands really, the Grateful Dead and the Dreadful Greats but luckily they played enough and so diverse that even after thirty years they still are setting the standard!

What a Long strange trip!
Jaycee

2 comments:

uglyblackjohn said...

You like the Dead? A Dead Head?
When I was a kid, I was on a swim team with the son of their road manager.
I didn't listen to the group, I just liked the free skull stickers.

achoiceofweapons said...

I've never done drugs not even weed so no Not a Dead head plus I've never been to a show. I just started to listen one day after Bruce Hornsby and Branford Marsalis joined the band and went back and listened to the old shows to catch up. I really like em.